You also have prospects. Companies that may consider doing business with you under the right circumstances. One of the most important “right circumstances” is the testimonial from a previous or current satisfied customer, a testimonial that demonstrates the positive results they have achieved as a consequence of hiring you.
So how can you bring your prospects and your stars together? Build your collection of case studies–extended testimonials that focus on outcomes achieved. Here are a few tips on how to create your case study collection:
- ask your stars to help you create their case
- make it easy for them to contribute–you do the work of creating the case
- interview your stars or engage a writer, marketing intern, or PR firm to manage the production of case studies
- create a case study template to highlight your main points of emphasis
- produce your cases in multiple formats–audio, video, text–consider live interviews in a teleconference or webinar and follow up with a recording
- promote your stars–place the emphasis on them and their accomplishments
- make it easy for your prospects to locate case studies on your website and other marketing materials
You will improve your sales and business growth efforts with a good collection of case studies from satisfied customers.
How would your sales process be affected by more and better case studies? I would love to hear your own experiences.