A Better Analogy for What’s Happening
Introducing Sputnik’s Grandchild, a new book by Ray Weaver,coming soon.
The comparisons we’re using to understand the COVID-19 pandemic are inadequate, for example:
- Great Recession of the late 2000s
- 9/11 terror attacks
- 1919 Spanish flu pandemic
This Time is Different!
- Farther reaching than we’ve seen before
- Surprising in many ways
- Evolutionary according to predictable patterns
More like The 1957 Soviet Launch of Sputnik.
- Direct Impact: Cold war extends to space
- Indirect Impact: Massive, decades-long American investment in science and technology
- Indirect impact has been more important: vast, profound, non-obvious
Sputnik is our inspiration for understanding economic life after Covid-19
Sputnik’s Grandchild includes
- Three powerful forces shaping business now
- Three phases of business life during and after the pandemic
- Five new megatrends creating massive business disruption and enormous opportunity
- A systematic way for you to re-imagine and even reinvent your business and a guide to re-frame your strategy and align business development, marketing, sales and operations to claim your place in the new economic order that emerges from the chaos.