We deliver Whale Hunting programs both onsite at your facility (or nearby) or in virtual formats. At the workshops, your team builds whale hunting tools, translating our model into your company’s unique map. We document your work, and in between meetings with your team we help you review and refine until components are ready to use.
The Whale Hunting System
delivered to your team
in multiple formats.
When the pieces are in place and the steps are ready, we work with you remotely to implement your Whale Hunting Process. We can deliver all of our services virtually for teams that are dispersed throughout the world, through live, online workshops or through distance learning courses. Many formats are possible to meet your objectives.
Program components are described below. We begin with a focus on Scout and Hunt. Once that system is in place, you will learn to implement more on the Harvest end, improving customer service and selling more new business to your existing clients. We design your program to meet the size and scope of your needs.
- The Whale Hunters Story™ –The Inuit Whale Hunters, basis of the metaphor
- Company Culture– Comparison of Inuit culture to your company’s culture
- The Whale Hunters Process™– Phases, roles, and responsibilities
- The Business Development Index– Baseline to measure results
- The Brand Promise Audit– Compare your brand promise to competitors
- Target Filter– Criteria and metrics to define ideal customers
- The Buyers’ Table– Locate and understanding buyers/influencers
- Whale Fears– Determine what big-deal buyers fear about you
- Fear Busters– Identify tangible materials to alleviate fears
- The Whale Chart—Current Targets
- Progressive Discovery and Disclosure– Design all steps in your sales process map
- Launch the Boat—Meeting Plans
- Manage the Hunt– Key Account Planning
- Power Your Boat– How to teach and involve subject matter experts
- The Big Show/The Road Show—Make key presentations
- Negotiations—New kinds of contract expectations
- Onboarding—A failsafe process to bring the new customer in house
- Search for Ambergris—New Business with your Current Accounts
- Global Accounts—Managing Your Multinationals
- Tools—review and refine all tools created during workshops
- Processes—build whale hunting processes into your processes
- System—integrate The Whale Hunters Process™ into yours
- Management—make sure it all works
- Implementation Coaching: Intense work with leadership to implement The Whale Hunters Process™ as a management system into your company.
- Deal Coaching: Intense work with a team pursuing a specific whale. Contact us for details.